Wednesday 25 December 2019

scribus - Tile an A6 PDF so that it fits into A4 perfectly


I am using Scribus to produce an invitation. The invitation is A6 in size, and I would like to tile the document so that it fits 4 times onto A4, thus maximising my printer! I can then cut out the A6 invitations from the A4 page.


I've found the command pdfposter (I'm on Ubuntu), but I'm not sure that will do the trick...


Any hints, pointers, ideas or scripts out there?



Answer



You can use the pdfnup program from the PDFjam suite (which is packaged for Ubuntu). If you have the original pages in a document containing multiple A6-sized papers named a6.pdf, the following command should do the job of arranging four original pages per one A4 page:


pdfnup --nup 2x2 --no-landscape --paper a4paper --noautoscale true --outfile a4.pdf a6.pdf

If you need to create the source file by repeating a single original page four times, the pdfjoin program from the same package will help you there:


pdfjoin --outfile a6.pdf original.pdf original.pdf original.pdf original.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...