Tuesday 31 December 2019

hard drive - How to prevent a secondary HDD from spinning down?

First off I did try the power options setting and it's on 'Never' but that did nothing. The drive still spins down after 15-20 seconds of not being used. I need it to spin all the time because it's more efficient with my way of using it. Also listening to music from that drive is absolutely destroying the drive making it spin up and down all the time causing immense wear and tear. Any ideas on how to stop it from spinning down? Please don't suggest bat files that keep creating editing a file.  


Oh and here is the model of the drive: wdc wd10jpvx-22jc3t0 and my OS is Windows 10 64 bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...