Tuesday 24 December 2019

microsoft word - Pressing tab to indent a list moves to the next table cell


I have a list (e.g., a bulleted list) in Microsoft Word. This list is inside a table cell. When I press Tab to increase the indent, rather than increasing the indent, it moves the cursor to the next cell. When I try Ctrl+Tab, it just inserts a tab character without changing the indentation of the bullet (paragraph).


How can I turn this off, so it does not go to the next cell but rather just indents the list?



Answer



Shift+Alt+Right Arrow Key will demote your bullet inside a table, whilst Shift+Alt+Left Arrow Key will promote your bullet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...