Tuesday 24 December 2019

wake on lan - WOL for Asus M5A97 built in Realtek Network Adapter


I cant get wake on lan to work for my built in network adapter. Its a ASUS M5A97 motherboard, and the network adapter is a Realtek PCIe GBE.


I have


Shutdown WakeOnLan - Enabled
Wake on Magic Packet - Enabled
Wake on Pattern Match - Enabled
WOL & Shutdown Link Speed - 10 Mbps First

I have set up a magic packet client to listen, and the packet is getting through. I have also checked these in Power Management for the network adapter.


Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
Allow this device to wake the computer
Allow a magic packet to wake the computer.

Answer



Try to do this (in your BIOS)


Go to Power section -> APM -> set "ErP ready" to "Off"


Then you will see more options


Set "Power on by PME Device" to "On"


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...