Tuesday 24 December 2019

Does a motherboard with socket 775 support Core 2 Duo CPUs?


I have a D102ggc2 motherboard with socket 775 and my neighbour has a Biostar socket 775 motherboard.


He has a Core 2 Duo processor with 2.93 GHz and I have a Pentium 4 with 3.06 GHz. I wanted to change my processor and I checked the Intel website – but for my motherboard, the only supported processors were Celeron, Pentium D and Pentium 4.


How come socket 775 supports Core 2 Duo?


If I upgraded my processor to a Core 2 Duo, would it cause any problems with my DDR2 RAM, motherboard or any other component of my PC?



Answer



Core 2 required a voltage regulator on the motherboard that was not needed for the Pentium D line of processors, all early 775 socket motherboards do not have this VR, which includes your Intel mobo, so no it will not work.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...