Saturday 28 December 2019

windows 7 - How do I record sounds directly from my sound card?


I want to record a sound that comes from a program in my computer, directly from my sound card, not using a crappy microphone to record it!


I was able to do this easily on Windows XP by choosing "what u hear" (yes, it really had "u" in it!) device from the recording options.


But on Windows 7 there is no such option anywhere, and generally I don't understand the Windows 7 sound options at all.


NOTE: This must be Windows 7 sound settings specific. I want to fool the computer to think that my computer audio is the microphone audio, so if I "speak" on Skype, they would hear any song I play on my computer. Do not suggest Skype-specific programs either. I want this thing to work in EVERY program on my computer, just like it did on Windows XP.




I finally found the working driver: SB24_VTDRV_LB_1_04_0065A.exe

Answer



In my Windows 7, there is a "Stereo Mix" in recording devices. Just choose that as default recording device and/or "default communicating device"(I don't know the exact name; it's in the context menu). Then any program which uses this device will catch what you can hear through the speakers.


In Windows XP it should be the same name. However, it depends on your sound driver, as I haven't see any devices named "what u hear"... Just try to play a music and watch the levels of input of all available recording devices.


Sorry the text above is not well organized... but hope it can help you.


EDIT:


I just saw your last comment... Does Creative have a new driver for your SB Live! 24bit? It seems that your current driver don't have this function.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...