Friday 27 December 2019

How can I connect a PC Card (PCMCIA) to a newer laptop?



I have a National Instruments card which is an older interface - PCMCIA Type II PC Card.


Naturally, my laptop I would like to use this with does not have a PC Card slot (only USB and Express Card 54).


I have been able to find literally hundreds of adapters to take a PC Card slot and use it for everything but nothing going the other way.



  • What options are there to use a PCMCIA/PC Card on a newer laptop?



Answer



In addition to the other answers, if anyone else finds this site, you can find Expresscard to PCMCIA adapters as well. These are generally considerably cheaper.


This one:



works with both 32-bit and 16-bit cards but is limited to Windows and will work in my situation. Other cards may not support both 16/32bit cards (make sure to check before purchasing) or specific operating systems.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...