Sunday 3 November 2019

bios - wake-up by the computer


some time ago(10 years back) I've read on PC Magazine that some mainboards have some settings which allow to a computer to open at a certain hour. I need to make my computer to wake me up in each morning. How can I do that ? What MB settings allow this feature?


ps: i will like to shout down the computer during the night(not sleep or hibernate mode). ATM I'm using windows xp and 7 on my computers.



Answer



Most BIOS have an option to wake the computer up at a defined time. This option is usually named "Resume by alarm" or "Wake-up on RTC", something like this (not wake on lan, though, this is something else).


You can find more details about it at this article.


resume by alarm bios screenshot


Nb: You can find a list of keys to enter the BIOS setup at this page. It should however be written in a corner when booting the computer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...