Friday 29 November 2019

browser addons - Using vim as the editor for the It's All Text! Firefox Add-on


I am trying to use vim as the external editor for It's All Text! within Firefox. This works fine for standard http:// web pages, but when I try to use it within TiddlyWiki, 89 instances of vim are opened. I am guessing that the difference is that the TiddlyWiki page is a file on my local file system. I also created a simple html file and had the same problem. Is there a way around this problem?


From the comments:



I am on Windows Vista if that makes a difference.




Answer



Try the vimperator plugin for firefox. Hitting CTRL+i within a textarea form will vim start as external process. This works almost everywhere - at least where I tried.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...