Friday 22 November 2019

windows 7 - Resizing Bootcamp Partition Without Wiping


I done goofed and made my Win7 bootcamp partition just a little too small (about 850mb left after installing critical software). So, I kinda really want to get a little bit more space. However, after the massive pain in the bum that was installing all of the software I needed, I'd really like to avoid reinstalling it all.


I've looked up a few solutions online, and it seems the general consensus is to use WinClone (no longer free) to backup and restore.


However, this page seems to suggest that I can do this with native tools safely. Further research has turned up mixed results. (Using native tools would be my preference)


Is there a way to do this? Or have I pretty much forced myself to give into some third-party software/mass-reinstall?



Answer



So, I would just suggest that anyone who wants to do this just purchase a software like WinClone or CampTune. I tried to do this on my own, messed up my partition tables, and just finished completely wiping my Mac (granted, luckily I don't save much work locally, so I'm just installing apps).


Here is a link to some guides. I would just use those.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...