Saturday 23 November 2019

Why cinnamon and linux mint 19 do not hide my folders?


I have a laptop with SSD Hard and install Linux mint 19 with the cinnamon desktop manager on it. and set adapta-Nokoto theme. now when I am trying to hide a folder by adding a . to start of my folder name does not work and my folder is still visible in the file manager.



Answer



On virtually all file managers, including Nemo (official file manager of the Cinnamon desktop environment), viewing hidden files is a setting you can toggle on and off, and it is readily accessible because it is a commonly used option. You can typically do it with a keyboard shortcut, but it is also a control that is a toolbar icon or menu item. If you don't want to see hidden files, you just toggle it off.


In Nemo Ctrl+H should toggle the option. Other managers may use other keyboard shortcuts (e.g. Alt+.).


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...