Friday 22 November 2019

cookies - How can I delete current session in Chrome?


I'm using Google Chrome and want to delete the current session data on the fly. I can do this on Firefox with the web developer extension, but Chrome doesn't seem to have the same option in their webdev extension. So how can I do this?


I realize that session data is stored on the server side and tracked in the browser with cookies. So really, I think what I want to do is delete cookies that are set to live for the session lifetime. Is there a way to do THAT in Chrome? "Delete browsing data" lets me delete all cookies from within a certain time period (for example, the last hour), but that could delete OTHER cookies on the site that I don't want to erase. I just want to delete the cookie being used to track my current session.


To be even more clear: In Firefox, with the web programmer extension installed, I can log into a site, choose "clear session cookies" and just the PHPSESSID cookie is erased. However, other cookies for that domain are not erased or otherwise touched. I want to be able to do this exact same functionality in Chrome.


Thanks y'all...



Answer



For clarity: You want to be able to ONLY delete the cookies of a specific site OR even just single cookies of a given site, right?


There's a few extensions that let you do stuff like that.


If you just want to delete all cookies for the site opened in the current tab, check out Remove Cookies For Site.


If you want more options, like editing, deleting only certain cookies of a site, Edit This Cookie might be your extension. You'll get a menu for all cookies of the current site: alt text


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...