Thursday 28 November 2019

powershell - Replace app package on Windows 10


I recently updated to Windows 10 Home Build 10586. Some built-in apps, however, appear to have been corrupted. One example being MSN News:


enter image description here


I have uninstalled and re-installed these apps several times with reboots in between. I have uninstalled apps both via the start menu and via Powershell (Remove-AppxPackage).


I am the only user account.


How can I force the store to replace app packages when reinstalling built-in apps?



Answer





  1. Navigate to C:\Program files\WindowsApps (take ownership if you haven't already done so by Right-clicking on the app folder then left-clicking security tab -> change ownership -> select your user name -> apply -> ok)




  2. Inside the folder search for "bing news" delete any file with Microsoft.BingNews_2015.709.2017.3396_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe or similar, then run the app.




  3. In the start menu, right-click the app and click uninstall.




  4. Finally go to store and reinstall the app and search for updates on the store.




No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...