Tuesday 26 November 2019

Windows 8 Pro, Windows 7 Pro downgrade rights and Windows 10 upgrade rights

I have two genuine Windows 8 Professional product keys (one 32-bit, one 64-bit, though I think they work equally). Non-OEM.


I assume these have downgrade rights to Windows 7 (?)
Is that indicated to expire? If I install Windows 8 Pro (with said key) on a pc, then use upgrade rights to Windows 10, will I then have downgrade rights from 10 to 7 on that PC?


If so, what will happen to the 8 Pro product key, will it be void? Is downgrade rights to Windows 7 now locked into that computer?


Basically, I have no interest in Windows 8/8.1. So I would like to lock in a Windows 10 license, but perhaps not if I loose the (Windows 7) downgrade rights for the product key I need to use..

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...