Wednesday 27 November 2019

virtualbox - Will Windows 8.1 remain activated on a copy of a .vdi virtual machine file, if I have stopped running the original .vdi virtual machine?

I have two computers running Ubuntu.


In one computer, I created a Windows 8.1 virtual machine in VirtualBox as a .vdi file. I activated it using a product key obtained from my previous school's Dreamspark program. I haven't run the virtual machine for a while.


Now I want to use the Windows virtual machine on the other computer under VirtualBox (Or Virtual Machine Manager). Can I just copy the .vdi file from the first computer to the second computer, and run it there? Will the Windows 8.1 on the copy of the virtual machine still be activated, as long as I won't run the original .vdi virtual machine on the first computer?


Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...