Tuesday 26 November 2019

How do I set the default CJK font on Windows 7?


I dislike MS Mincho: it's too thin, doesn't get anti-aliased, and has an excessive amount of hooks.


Unfortunately, anything that is full-width gets rendered in MS Mincho by default on any program.


I've been looking all over the place, including in the Microsoft IME settings, to no avail. Where can I change the default CJK font from Mincho to something else?



Answer



There's no registry key to do this; I believe it's hardcoded.


So I settled with MacType, which hooks to processes and overrides ClearType.


One feature it has is to allow you to override/replace specific fonts, including CJK ones, with other fonts, or to just turn on regular ClearType for those specific fonts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...