Wednesday 27 November 2019

Thunderbird: Folder listing suddenly empty

Yesterday I used thunderbird and everything was fine. Today I started thunderbird and it looked like this:


Thunderbird with empty folder list


If I delete my ~/.thunderbird folder and recreate my email account everything works fine again, but I am not that keen on restoring all my settings manually.


Any suggestions for fixing?


Ubuntu 11.04


$ uname -a
Linux thorus 2.6.38-12-generic #51-Ubuntu SMP Wed Sep 28 14:27:32 UTC 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Update


I figured that the folderTree.json file in my profile directory looks broken. It is some binary stuff, most definitly not json. Deleting that file improved the situation: Now the folder tree is available again, but unfortunatelly thunderbird does not recreate the file and the folder tree is always in fully collapsed state when I start thunderbird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...