Tuesday 26 November 2019

64 bit - WIndows 7 64 bit reporting 3.00 gb usable memory with 4.00 gb installed


Possible Duplicate:
How to enable 4GB in my Windows 7 64 bit?



I have a computer that I have upgraded to Windows 7 Professional 64bit. It has an intel D945GB1 motherboard, Pentium D Dual core processor, nVidia Quadro FX 580 video card, 4 sticks of DDR2 1 GB memory. In the BIOS, I see all 4 sticks of memory. The Resource Monitor shows 1027 MB "Hardware Reserved".


I would try to get with intel about the motherboard, but it was made for Gateway's Business division which is no longer around, so I have no resources to tap into there. I cannot find if there was an update to the BIOS to fix the problem. The computer was originally sold to me as an XP Pro machine (32 bit) with 2 GB memory. The Upgrade Advisor indicated no problems like this.


When I remove the video card and run on the onboard video, the Hardware Reserved goes down to 780 MB or so. When I disable the onboard video, it goes back to 1027. In the memory table in device manager, I see from C0000000 to F0000000 (about 805 meg) used by PCI Bus in one block, but cannot find what on the bus is doing with this. I cannot find memory remapping in the bios, the max memory in msconfig is UNchecked, I have upgraded what drivers I can find, I have tried everything I an think of.


Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...