Wednesday 27 November 2019

command line - How to access efi partition on windows 10?


I am having trouble accessing the EFI partition on windows 10 I tried this method in cmd (I used Administrative privileges ):


open cmd as admin...


diskpart
sel disk 0
sel part 1 (efi part)
assign letter=b
exit
taskkill /im explorer.exe /f
explorer.exe

But it is not working since windows 10, I used this method fine on 8.1.


this picture shows the error I get when I try to access the partition


enter image description here



Answer



The answer is by @pat2015 :


Interestingly I find that the mounted EFI drive is accessible from the ‘Browse’ button from Task Manager -> ‘Run New Task’ You can then perform basic operations possible with Context Menu (Copy/Paste etc) and even when you run other apps with Admin Privileges e.g. Notepad.exe it can also access the drive from its file menu. The issue seems to be with Explorer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...