Saturday 23 November 2019

mac - Macbook pro reboots during the first boot process

My 2011 MBP has developed an annoying habit of rebooting during each first attempt to start it up. I've enabled FileVault, so once I've typed in my password, it will get to the spinning grey icon and then wait there, until eventually rebooting. On the second attempt, after I type in my password again, it will successfully start-up, and much faster than the first attempt.


I've tried a couple of things:


The first was to hold down shift before I enter my password, on the assumption that this would put it in 'safe-mode' and fix the start-up process. I did this, and after entering my password I saw a progress bar under the spinning icon, but was then returned to the normal desktop, and it didn't resolve the issue on subsequent start-ups.


I also put it in verbose mode, and saw the word 'corrupt' but then it rebooted so I didn't have a chance to write it down. I understand that this stage it's rebooting at is the launched process stage, and I've read that it could be due to a corrupted kext (not entirely sure what they are) Is the verbose output logged in the console anywhere? Any quick way to find it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...