Monday 15 April 2019

Can I share my usb keyboard between two computers


I love my Filco keyboard, I use it as primary keyboard for my Lenovo thinkpad all time. Now Im moving into the mac world and wonder:


is it possible to split my USB keyboard between two USB ports, ie one at my lenovo and one at my new iMac.


I was thinking that maybe there exists some kind of box with a switch to decide which port should receive the input, or preferable it would be possible to switch between the two via a keyboard shortcut.



Answer



I haven't used one that just does USB (USB switch) but I have used a few KVM switches* and most of them allowed me to switch with a keyboard command.


* You don't have to connect monitor and mouse to the KVM if you don't want to.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...