Tuesday 2 April 2019

bcd - Unable to boot Windows 10 with Recovery Drive after blue screen Recovery error

I am getting this blue screen message on Windows 10 machine. (I cannot boot into safe mode or see any other Windows OS options.)


Recovery

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system.

File:\BCD
Error code: 0xc0000098

I have created a recovery drive and tried the Reset PC options. I get this information.


Reset this PC - remove everything

Unable to rest this PC. A required drive partition is missing.


Reset this PC - Keep my files

The drive when Windows is locked. Unlock the drive and try again.

I have run chkdsk on the C: partition but all looks fine.


As I upgraded from Windows8 using the online upgrade feature I do not have a Windows 10 disc to reinstall from. Can I use any Windows 10 disk including an OEM version to kickstart the rebuild? Or are there other tools available for fixing the BCD?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...