Friday 15 March 2019

Word mergefield wildcard not correctly matching

Below is my mergefield code:


{ IF { MERGEFIELD Subs_State } = "GA" "blah blah" "{ IF { MERGEFIELD CEOrgStates } = "GA" "blah blah" ""} "}


I'm pulling records from a MS Access db. My goal is to check whether a record has Subs_State field matching "GA", or the CEOrgStates has the word "GA" (some records have stuff like "|FL|CA|GA|CT|KY|" (no quotes)).


When I merged the docs, Word doesnt seem to be able to match with the wildcards: If I use and compare "*GA" (fields ending with GA), it works; however, the double wildcards "*GA*" dont seem to work at all.


Here are the things I’ve tried:



  • Have data in lowercase, then compare with lowercase

  • Have data in lowercase, convert to and then compare with uppercase

  • Do the opposite of the above 2 with uppercase data

  • Use “*GA*” and “*ga*” (no pipe)

  • Use different delimiters


Nothing seems to work with the double wildcard matching. What am I doing wrong?


Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...