Wednesday 20 March 2019

windows - How to copy text from Console2?


I just started using Console2 as an alternative to cmd.exe


I can't figure out how to copy text from the console to the clipboard -- dragging over it with the mouse won't mark anything, and there is no option in the right-click menu to "mark" as in cmd.exe


It must be terribly obvious but I guess I'm overlooking it... :(



Answer



Open Console2 menu Edit -> Settings, and in the Hotkeys / Mouse settings configure the selection and copy actions. The defaults are a bit wonky.


I use:



  • Left mouse button = select

  • Ctrl+C = copy

  • Ctrl+V = paste

  • ESC = clear selection


Make sure you press 'Assign' after each change you make otherwise it won't take effect.


Last note: Beware if you use ESC or Ctrl+V in vim, or in any other app.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...