Tuesday 12 March 2019

windows 7 - Replacing laptop hard drive


I have two laptops, a Dell XPS running 64-bit and HP Pavilion 32-bit and I want to replace the Dell hard drive with the hard drive in the HP temporarily because my Dell laptop became very slow and I want to test if the problem is with the hard drive or something else. The question is: Can I do that without losing data in the two hard drives? I know that maybe data on C partitions will be deleted and that's OK, but will the rest of the data will be lost or not?



Answer



Problem Solved . It was the hard drive, it has delay. Dell diagnostics didn't show the hard drive delay. A technician have made a delay test with a software and it came up with a delay error in the hard drive. Software called HDD Regenerator.


I replaced it with a new one and the problem totally solved. No lags or freezing anymore. I just wanted to share my experience if anyone have this problem, this post may help.


Regards.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...