Monday 11 March 2019

pdf - To make a table of contents for many .odt -files


I have about one hundred files in Open Office's .odt -format such that


1 chapter
2 chapter
...
100 chapter

I would like to make a table of contents for these files. However, the problem is that each chapter is in a separate file.


I finally need to convert these files to pdf. It would like to know how you can convert the 100 files + table of contents to a single file efficiently. I have done that at the moment by Converting the files first to pdf in OO and then binding the files in Adobe Pro. However, this procedure is very time-consiming.


How can you make a table of contents of the hundred .odt -files?



Answer



You need to create a master document (PDF), then you can create a comprehensive table of contents (PDF). You should be able to convert the master document to PDF and have it bring all the sub-documents along with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...