Wednesday 13 March 2019

openoffice - Preventing LibreOffice from using smart quotes (“ ”) instead of (dumb) straight quotes?


I use LibreOffice Calc to make lists of programs with different parameters to run on an hpc cluster. For each batch of commands I must do a find and replace on the smart quotes, as they cause errors in command line arguments. It would be nice to cut this step out of my work flow. Does anyone know how I might change the default punctuation used?


Edit: Apparently the title font transforms dumb quotes into smart quotes.


Smart quotes have a different symbol depending on if they are at the start or end (“ ”)


Dumb quotes use the same symbol for the start and the stop ( " )



Answer




  • Goto Tools -> Autocorrect Options

  • Uncheck Replace in the Double Quotes section of the Localized Options tab.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...