Tuesday 12 March 2019

oh my zsh - What does 'd' do in oh-my-zsh?


I just downloaded oh-my-zsh and found out that 'd' has been taken over by some command I do not know. Does anybody know what the output from this is?


0   ~/Desktop/Dropbox/project_Sites/rails_app/app/views/static_pages
1 ~/Desktop/Dropbox/project_Sites/rails_app/app/views
2 ~/Desktop/Dropbox/project_Sites/rails_app
3 ~/Desktop/Dropbox/project_Sites
4 ~/Desktop/Dropbox
5 ~
6 ~/.oh-my-zsh
7 ~/.oh-my-zsh/plugins
8 ~/.oh-my-zsh/plugins/rails
9 ~/.oh-my-zsh/lib

Answer



Looks like a history of most recent directories you've been in. which d identifies it as an alias to dirs shell builtin, which prints the contents of the directory stack. Just tried it and number keys allow to move to respective directory. Cool feature :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...