Sunday 17 March 2019

macos - Create a shared FAT32 partition on Boot Camp MacBook


I have a MacBook set up with Boot Camp, and the XP partition is NTFS. The split is 50-50 and there is no unallocated space on the hard drive.


I want to create a shared 50GB FAT32 partition for my DropBox files, so regardless of which OS I boot into, I only have to keep one copy of my DropBox on the laptop shared between the two OS.


So my question is how do I create this new partition without starting fresh? I would assume I do it from OS X?


Thanks Tom



Answer



Mac OS X can both read and write to NTFS partitions. Reading is native; writing can be enabled by installing MacFuse and ntfs3g, both free, open-source, stable projects.


This should save you the need to repartition. It's easier, safer and faster.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...