Monday 18 March 2019

Excel count all rows that contain certain values for certain fields


I have a sheet with a couple hundred rows. Each row has an 'owner' and a pass/fail field. I am making a second sheet that has statistics for the users. So for each user it will count the number of passes, fails and non-completes. My question is how do I write a function to do this? My guess is its something like countif(sheet1!a1:aN, AND(a[i][owner]=name, a[i][pass/fail]=pass). Obviously though this syntax doesnt work in excel, so I would like to figure out how to do it



Answer



I figured out how to do it. Im still working out the kinks, but the basic idea is to use COUNTIFS. The general format is something like COUNTIFS(NameRange,name,Pass/failRange,"pass").


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...