Friday 15 March 2019

64 bit - Should I install 32-bit or 64-bit Linux?


Possible Duplicate:
Should I choose 32 or 64 bit for Linux?



I have a three-years-old Dell box with an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU and maximum 4GB RAM. I want to install Linux on the system but am unsure whether to use a 32-bit or 64-bit base.


I have a feeling that 32-bit is the way to go because 64-bit will consume more memory since 64-bit address pointers are double the size of 32-bit address pointers.


My main aim is applications should run as fast as possible. I usually have several dozens applications running at the same time.


What's your take on this from your experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...