Tuesday 17 December 2019

Preventing Firefox from updating specific extensions?

Is it possible to blacklist or prevent Firefox from updating certain extensions?


For example, Echofon, the Twitter client, no longer works on Linux Firefox past version 1.9.6.4. I usually uncheck the update box whenever I'm told about it, but sometimes I forget if it comes in a bunch of others. I then have to reinstall the old, working version.


Similarly the Gmail notifier doesn't work past a certain version either.


Anyone know if there is an about:config setting to tell Firefox never to update an extension..? Or if there's a way to fudge the version numbers so that FF thinks it already has a better version?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...