Monday 16 December 2019

Homeserver for the command "scp user@server:file localhost@server:mycomp/"?


Problem: to get the cammond "scp file user@server:" (source) work vice versa. I need a server on my local machine so I can copy files to-and-fro like:


ROOT+SERVER+FILE      <----    Commands?    --->     FILE+LOCAL+YOUR+COMP
scp? how? turn it to a server?

I want to use the command:


scp user@server:file me@my_local_server_on_my_comp:

Answer



The second argument is the "destination," which can be a server and a path, or just a path.


scp file user@server:newfile will copy "file" to the server as "newfile"


scp user@server:file newfile will copy "file" from the server as "newfile" <-- This is what you are looking for.


scp user@server1:file user@server2:newfile will copy "file" from server1 to server2 as "newfile"


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...