Saturday 21 December 2019

Driver locked memory on a non-virtual machine

I checked using RAMMap on my PC that about 1.5 GB of my installed 4 GB RAM is driver-locked.


Most results from google searches tell me that this is usually caused by drivers of virtual machine management tools like VMWare, etc but that's not the case here since I don't have any such tools installed on my PC.


How can I pinpoint exactly which driver(s) is/are causing this and how can I make the memory available to other processes?


I was thinking that the locked memory would normally be freed up and taken by other processes when required but that's not happening and my browser (Firefox) freezes everytime the memory usage for it becomes >350 MB which is very low (just playing a song from youtube and opening up facebook makes the browser freeze after a few minutes). What can I do to solve this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...