Saturday 21 December 2019

browser - Firefox 33 doesn't see Java Plugin

I am trying to enable Java (not JavaScript) in my Firefox v. 33 so that I can use applets within the browser. Currently, I just get a dark gray box across the whole screen when I try to load an applet, without any error message or prompt to install plugin.


As per these instructions, I tried going into the Firefox plugin page to activate it, however, it wasn't there listed. I do have Java 7 installed and it is in the path:


>java -version
java version "1.7.0_71"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_71-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.71-b01, mixed mode)

What do I need to do to get Firefox to see my Java installation and recognize it as a plugin so that I can enable it and view applets inside the browser?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...