Wednesday 18 December 2019

windows - Command Prompt shows up and disappears immediately


When I open Start > Run, type cmd.exe and press Enter, a black window shows up and disappears immediately.



  • I've tried opening it from C:\windows\System32\cmd.exe

  • I've tried cleaning the PATH environment variable


However none of these have made any difference. Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?



Answer



I had this problem and solved it in the following way:


Go to the following registry key:


HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Command Processor

It has an AutoRun value set to (Exit). Delete this value and the Command Prompt should work again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...