Monday 16 December 2019

windows 7 - Getting error c000021a: The session manager failed to create protected prefixes

When I try to boot Windows I get a blue screen:



STOP: c000021a Fatal System Error .


The session manager failed to create protected prefixes system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc000003a (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down.



And the system reboots.


Just yesterday Windows installed some patches through "Windows Update". So I tried different Windows start options and only one worked and the system booted which was


Disable Driver Signature Verification

Now my system is running but I wonder what to do so I can start Windows normally in the furture. Until now I did not dare to reboot again.


What I tried so far:



  • SMART check of HDD with Speccy is OK

  • CHKDSK reports 98336 KB in faulty sectors

  • SFC reports that it could not repair some damaged files

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...