Sunday 22 December 2019

sleep - How do I set a hot corner in Windows 7?


I have a dual monitor setup on my Windows 7 box at work. I'd like to know how (if possible) I can set a hot corner to start the screensaver or put the display to sleep?



Answer



Actually, Windows screensavers did have this feature (at least those included as part of the Plus! pack, which old-timers should remember):


1


Indeed, a really useful bug made the hot corners specified for Plus! screensavers a global setting that applied to non-Plus! screensavers as well!


The easiest way to get similar functionality in Windows now might be to use an AutoIT app (source available) called, not surprisingly, Hot Corners. It can also do various other interesting things besides launching the screensaver:


2


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...