Friday 13 December 2019

reverse tethering - Turn on Windows Mobile hotspot remotely via Bluetooth

I have set up a WiFi Mobile hotspot on a HP notebook, which shares the internet from its Ethernet connection to my other Dell PC. Both run Windows 10.


I have failed to prevent the automatic hotspot shutdown after following several guides on the internet, and apparently, it's a common issue. (Prevent Windows 10 Wifi hotspot turning off automatically on 1809)


Anyway it seems to be possible to turn on the hotspot remotely (see image#1), but I can't figure out how to do that from the Dell (image#2), nor from my Samsung S9 (which I would accept as a workaround).



So, the question remains:


How do I turn on the hotspot remotely?
I would consider accepting any workaround as well if it meant I don't have to unlock the HP and turn the hotspot on via its settings.





This is how the Mobile hotspot settings look. Notice Turn on remotely at the bottom.
note: the screenshot is not from the HP, but it's similar
Mobile hotspot settings showing Turn on remotely at the bottom.[2]


It's only possible to Connect using Direct connection. Connect to HP using Direct connection

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...