Friday 13 December 2019

laptop - How to invert the Fn key


I have this problem on my laptop: If my Fn key is pressed, the normal (PC-like) F1 - F12 keys will be triggered; when it isn't, then the special keys will be triggered (e.g. brightness control, sound volume).


Is there any way I can invert this, so that when I press the Fn key the special keys will be triggered and when I don't the F1 - F12 keys will?



Answer



That's probably due to an extra option in the BIOS made by the manufacturer. When booting press F2 (usually) to get into the BIOS settings and there you can revert back to function keys instead of multimedia.


Have you tried to press the numbers lock key to change the fn keys functions?


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...