Wednesday 18 December 2019

How to copy table data from PDF to excel


When I copy data in a table like this from a PDF, it gets translated into plain text without any delimiting characters to distinguish which column the data is in.


PDF table with highlighted rows


It would be helpful if I could highlight only a single column in the pdf at a time, but it currently tries to select left to right both columns as I highlight. Is there any trick for this?



Answer



Holding down the Alt key should allow you to select a column of text.


(Note: I've only tested this with Acrobat Pro, not Acrobat Reader.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...