Friday 13 December 2019

display - Screen for a MacBook, PC netbook and a Wii


At home we're in need of a new screen to which I could hook my macbook and my girlfriends netbook, but I'd also like to use the screen for my Wii.


The netbook is an asus (not sure about the exact model), with only vga out, my macbook has mini dvi, but I think convertors exist so I can get DVI or even HDMI output. The Wii has composite or scart as output.


Does anyone have experience doing this?
What's my best option? An lcd TV which can also be used as a computer screen, or a screen that has inputs for the Wii? Do such things even exist?
I wouldn't be watching TV on it, if that matters.


Is this even a good idea? What specs should I look for when evaluating screens?


I was thinking 22"-24" big.


Thanks for any input.



Answer



For the macbook, you're correct that there are adapters (around $20-30 at any apple store) to convert your Mini-DVI port to whatever you need, whether DVI or VGA.


In order to be able to connect the Wii, you would likely need to look at a 22"-24" LCD TV, which would likely have a single DVI port for a computer. However, TVs rarely carry the quality of an equally sized monitor. Since the Wii is the only console to not support HDMI connections, finding a monitor that accepts a component connection will be very difficult and likely carry a premium cost for the function, and you'll be sacrificing quality in the end for functionality.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...