Sunday 15 December 2019

debian - How do I tell aptitude or apt to offer a particular version of lpr?


I seem to have a weird version of lpr installed (one that doesn't cope with -o, see also this question). On all my other machines that run the same debian squeeze, the proper version of lpr is installed.


How can I get aptitude to install the "good" lpr?


Note: The contents of /etc/apt/sources.list are not the problem, I guess. The file is the same on all machines.


Edit: A related question is here.



Answer



lpr can be installed via




  • the lpr package (obvoius)




  • the lprng package (a little less obvious)




  • the cups-bsd package (not very obvious)




The three versions are not exactly the same and work a bit differently. They accept, for example, different options while being called.


See also this answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...