Monday 18 November 2019

4k resolution - Slightly moving pressed button on high dpi mouse causes initiate drug too early when in fact I want to execute click on 4k laptop

Related question with answer on close but slightly different topic: Slightly moving high dpi mouse prevents executing single and double clicks normally on 4k laptop


Problem is only on new 4k 17'' laptop. I use Windows 10. I use: UtechSmart Venus Gaming Mouse RGB Wired, 16400 DPI High Precision Laser Programmable MMO Computer Gaming Mice ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FNKMVUO/ )


When I want to perform mouse click and I slightly move mouse while button is push down system is initiating drug before I push up. The distance of initiating drug is too small. When I use same mouse on old laptop (non 4k) and it behaves well but on my new 4k laptop one slight movement of mouse prevents it of executing of single click which is very annoying.


This is the solution for desktop only but not affects drug and drop in applications: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-drag-and-drop-in-windows


This is api to use in programming to make custom drag and drop area in your application: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/oldnewthing/20090410-00/?p=18583


Question: How to increase drag and drop initiation area in applications?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...