Thursday 29 August 2019

Why won't PC laptop completely power off after upgrade to Windows 10?


I have recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and it appears that it mostly successful. By and large I'm pretty happy with the upgrade however there is now a problem with turning off my laptop.


When I use any of the 'off' variations (shutdown/hibernate ext.) the laptop acts like its turning off and boils down to a low hum - but never actually turns off. Moreover the button becomes unresponsive to any further presses so that I can not turn on my computer without first enforcing a 'hard' shutdown by holding the button - which is bad for my laptop and will reduce its life considerably.


How can I resolve this?


Here's some info in case it's needed


Product name:HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC 
BIOS:F.34-12/19/2014
Keyboard revision:77.35
Total memory:8.00 GB
Processor name:Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4288U CPU @ 2.60GHz

Answer



Please downgrade Intel Management Engine Interface driver from v11xx to v9.5xx. Sleep And Shutdown problem solved... And also disable automatic update of drivers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...