Sunday 25 August 2019

keyboard - Windows 7 - How to turn numlock on initially when windows starts?



I have windows 7 and my password is numeric. When I start windows I always try to enter password with numpad and when it fails I see numlock is off. How should I change this behavior in windows?


I want the default keyboard options always to be "on for Numlock" and "off for Capslock and Scrolllock at my windows startup.



Answer



To enable NUM LOCK before a user logs on, follow these steps:


Run Registry Editor.

Move to

HKEY_USERS\.Default\Control Panel\Keyboard
.

Change the value for InitialKeyboardIndicators from 0 to 2.

This should hopefully set NUM LOCK as soon as the login screen appears.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...