Sunday 25 August 2019

Repair BAT file association (to make it start again)


I am just hitting myself over the head right now. I wanted to change my "EDIT" setting of .BAT files to PsPad - instead I accidently changed the OPEN menu.


Now I was able to remove the entry using "Defaults Program Editor", a nice litte tool. But now I dont know which "default program" to select when doubleclick .BAT files. I tried CMD.exe, but maybe I need some option to make it run, it just opens the command line and does nothing at the moment :-(


Chris



Answer



My machine uses the command %SystemRoot%\System32\cmd.exe /c "%1" %*


The /c is not necessary though.


As mentioned in the comments you have already figured this out though.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...