Monday 26 August 2019

display - Fake Montitor for TeamViewer on Laptop with closed lid


I want to use my old laptop remotely (teamviewer) with closed lid. The problem is that the laptop will stop rendering windowcontent when the lid is closed. I found this answer: https://superuser.com/a/988097/825553 where it was suggested to conntect a 102 ohm resitor on the vga-pin 2 & 6.


My question: can I use a 100 ohm instead of a 102 ohm to fake a connected monitor?



Answer



Given that you use TeamViewer, you may want to try installing teamviewer's monitor driver. This should mean that teamviewer will use a virtual driver that works in any circumstances where a monitor is required. This should also allow you to use any resolution you need that is normally not supported by your monitor.


A restart may be required after you enable the monitor driver.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...