Saturday 31 August 2019

How to forget/remove username in Windows 8 Store - account deleted

I deleted a Windows Live/Microsoft account (I have others) that I was using for the Windows Store on one of my PCs. Now I can't use the store at all because it wants a password for that particular account - there is no sign out option nor is there a "change username" option that I can see. When I click the "Sign in" button, the store insists on using the deleted account.


So, to summarize, Windows Store is insisting I sign into an account that no longer exists.


How do I get the store to delete it?


Steps taken so far:



  • Removing the Live account from the local Credential Manager

  • Removing mention of this account in the IdentityCRL registry folder

  • Resetting the store cache using wsreset


I think this is a bug but Microsoft Connect isn't accepting bugs or feature requests for Windows 8 right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...