Monday 26 August 2019

wireless networking - Wifi poor SNR, reasons and solutions:

I'd like to know technically how to diagnose whats causing poor signals and how to improve: Now I have a D-Link DIR-655 and its signal level is set to full, but the router model should not be the primary thing. I also have a custom antenna, specifically:


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833998052


Here are my SNR calculated with KISMAC at different distances:


-1 Feet: 47


-20 Feet: 15


Now at 15 it seems signal is low, the connection bad, so I'd like to know:




  1. What is a good SNR, IE: what should be your SNR to get a great connection.




  2. How to diagnose if anything is causing a bad SNR.




  3. How to improve it, wifi router settings, antennas.



No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...